What I saw of FOSDEM this year was great, I didn’t see very much because I’m now on staff so have lots of responsibility during the weekend. I did manage to see some lightning talks whilst moderating the room though.
LibrePlan is pretty amazing for a piece of free software from what I can see – it’s a project management suite for a whole company which runs on the web.
PMD5 (catchy name) is a static code analysis tool, which can help keep on top of good practice and good coding style.
Wazaabi is a nice implementation of separating the parts of a UI from the rest of the program. It has an interctive editor that produces XML descriptions of the UI that then get loaded and generated at runtime.
David Fetter made some good points in Threat Modelling Revisited, but I’m not sure how much impact it can make on society – but we can at least adopt them at grass roots level and hope that they filter up.
I was interested in the talk on Open Remote as I’m rather into home automation.
Overall a great conference again, and I’m looking forward to the post-mortem for this one and the planning for next year already.
- Back in blighty. waiting to disembark. (@ Harwich Terminal w/ 2 others) http://t.co/T4yQ7OBh #
- Nearly back to Wales. One last big push now. (@ Welcome Break Telford Services (M54)) http://t.co/AVhBo3aB #
- I just unlocked the "Fresh Brew" badge on @foursquare! Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee. http://t.co/3WWkhAMJ #
- Home sweet work. (@ Llandinam Building, Aberystwyth University w/ @handee) http://t.co/9OVvHc40 #
- Evening meal in the local after building my new bed with Steph and Weasel. (@ The White Lion Hotel) http://t.co/5bJkHWMs #